7th Jan’ 23
Disha meet at Lakegardens
Discussion on –
•Participation in Hedua Bijnan mela from 19th to 23rd Jan. 2023
•”World Cancer day celebration” on 4th February 2023.
The meeting and discussion was supervised by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar
19th to 23rd Jan ’23
Disha’s participation in “Acharya Satendranath Bose Smarak Bijnan O Prajukti Mela”,Hedua as in previous years.
19th Jan ’23
•Stall decoration- Tinku and Mamata
Theme of Disha’s stall : “Life style disorder and cancer“.
20th Jan’ 23
•S.Chatterjee, Sudipta, and Joysree attended a huge numbers of visitors in the stall.
•They also felicitated Everest climber Piyali Basak who conqured the summit without support of oxygen.
21st Jan ’23
Mahua,T.Saha, T.Biswas, Sudipta, Joysree, S.Chatterjee, Sathi, S.Ghatak were present alongwith Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
• Music performance by members .
• A short speech by Dr.Agnimita Giri Sarkar
• Dr.Diptendra K Sarkar gave message of breast cancer awareness through questions and answers
22nd Jan ’23
Tinku, Sathi & Jaysree were in charge of Disha’s stall.
23rd Jan ’23
S Chatterjee, Ruby Das, Sudipta, Mamata were present alongwith
Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
• Child health checkup camp conducted at Disha’s stall –
Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
• Madam also awarded the talented students who participated in various competition.
•In Bijnan Mela, lots of visitors came to Disha’s stall as well and wrote their comments in Disha’s note book.
• Disha received a mamento from the Organizer of the fair.
28th Jan ’23
” Gur Meet” at Lake Gardens
• Members were gifted delicious “Nolen Gur ” from Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
4th Feb ’23
World Cancer Day celebration at Lake Gardens .
The event was planned by DISHA ‘s Mentor Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar
*This programme was totally sponsored by ASI
•Theme song and dance by members
•Lighting the lamp
•The honourable guests were Ms Soma Mukherjee (chief Editor of ABP.), Mr. Arunava Moitra (a well-wisher of Disha), Dr. Diptendra K Sarkar (Eminent Surgeon,Breast onchology)
•Felicitation of guests
•Short speeches by the guests
*The book, “ক্যান্সার যাপন” written by Ms. Soma Mukhopadhyay was launched on this special programme.
•Disha now works in small group. The chairperson of each team described their activities
•Some invited guests who received service from Disha shared their experience.
•Felicitation of Dr. Diptendra K. Sarkar for being the ASI President West Bengal Chapter And Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar for playing the role as mother of Disha – by the members.
• Heart touching speech by Disha’s Mentor Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar
•On behalf of Disha Madam Agnimita Giri Sarkar handed over a sapling to Uttam Kumar Maity from Durbar, Purulia as a gift to Durbar, Sonagachi
•Hair donation event
•Chorus songs by Disha members.
19th feb ’23.
Disha’s sports meet at Green Acre Garden House, a resort in Barasat.
•The members took part with their family members and friends.
•The whole day programme was planned by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and arranged by Sumita Chatterjee.
18th March’ 23
Disha’s “Holly Meet” at Amita giri Memorial Hall, Lake Gardens.
•Cultural programme by members of Disha.
•Special guest was Dr. Moumita, eminent writer and dental surgeon of ESI.
*The program was planned by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- 20.01.2022/21.01.2022/ 22.01.2022/23.01.2022
“Satyendranath Bijnan Mela” at Hedua :-
Participation with limited number of members under supervision of Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar without breaking the Covid Rules.
Celebration of ‘Poush Parbon’ or “GUR MEET” named by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkarat Lake Gardens. The members were gifted delicious ‘Nolen Gur’ from Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
On World Cancer Day, Disha For Cancer organised an event at Rahul Vidyaniketan Home Run by Durbar for their children.
An Interative session with the children about HIV, AIDS & Cancer By Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
Lunch Packets provided by Ms.Bandana Nag a member of disha.
This event was arranged by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
On the occasion of “International Pediatric Cancer Day” . The Child Patients of ICH CA Rehab were gifted by fruits, Drawing books , Colour Pencil etc contributed by Smt. Bandana Nag. This event was arranged by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. Another member Kalyani Mitra joined with them.
Disha’s sports meet at ‘‘The Nook’’, a resort near Sonarpur.
The members took part with their family members and friends. The whole day programme was planed by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and arranged by Sumita Chatterjee.
“Disha Holi Meet’ celebration at Lake Gardens:-
Guests and perfomances by: Dr. Taniya Das, Dr. G. Sha, Dr. Prajna Chatterjee and members of Disha. The program was planned by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
23rd April’ 22
• Annual General Body meeting at Amita Giri Memorial hall in lake gardens
• Post conference celebration -Rooftop party arranged by Dr.Agnimita Giri Sarkar
8th May ‘ 22
Disha was invited to the Prize distribution ceremony organized by “Hedua Acharya Satyandra Nath Basu Smarak bijnan O Prajukti Mela”. Members performed two songs of Tagore.
-Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Mazumdar, Tapati Biswas,Sumita Chatterjee and Namita Sanyal were present along with Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
25th May ’22
• Ms. Suhrita Majumdar donated Rs. 50,000 to Disha For Cancer.
Disha felicitated her celebrating her birthday.
24th June ’22
Awareness programme in Durbar, Sonagachi.
Utsa Roy and Kalyani Mitra were accompanied with Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
25th june’ 22
Celebration of International Yoga Day.
•Yoga workshop at Amita Giri Memorial Hall, lake gardens conducted by Sri Goutam Bramha, deputy editor, Sambad Pratidin. •Meditation (Yoganidra) training conducted by Subhabrata Bhattachaya.
02 nd July ’22
Celebration of ” Doctors Day” by Disha •Inauguration of “Dr. Anjan Kumar Giri Memorial Clinic at Lake Gardens in memory of Dr. Anjan Kumar Giri, beloved father of Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
•Invited guest – Dr. Diptendra Kumar Sarkar, Dr. Sanjay Banerjee, Dr Kakoli chowdhury & Dr Subhasish Giri with his wife Dr Debashri Shil from England.
•A hair donation event took place on this special day.
16 th & 17th July ’22
Disha’s work at the district level (Purulia):-
•Breast Cancer and others types of cancer awareness programme and a health checkup camp– by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar
*Celebration of ‘National Breast Feeding awarness month’
• Breast feeding awareness programme – by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
•Two days programme among ‘Nachni’ & ‘Jhumur Community’ and their children –
At Kotsila on 16 th July & Senabona village on 17 th July
– Kalyani Mitra and Tapati Saha participated the event alongwith Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
13th Aug’ 22
Disha’s special tribute to 75th Independence day
• Disha Charitable clinic service had started :- Doctors – Dr Sanjay Banerjee and Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
20th Aug ’22
Disha’s work at district level (Birbhum)
•In day time, Health check up, breast feeding awareness and breast cancer awarness programme at “Phuldanga Adibashi Para, Birbhum” – Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. Accompanying members -Tinku Mzumder and Kalyani Mitra
•In the evening
Celebration of “Baishe Shraban and Barsha mangol” by the members of Disha with gala lunch
Arranged by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
13th Sep 2022
• SSKM CA Rehab started in Comprehensive Breast Service in Kolkata Police Hospital .
– Attended by Kalyani Mitra and Sumita Chatterjee.
Disha Meet, Lake Gardens
Important discussions on
•Pink October celebration
5th Nov. 2022
•Practice for shyamnagar programme which will be held on 27th Nov 2022.
•A short video shoot done for the promo.
27th & 28th Nov, 22.
Two days programme of Disha:-
27th Nov’ 22-
Disha for Cancer presented annual event with Student Help Organisation at syamnagar Rabindra Bhaban:
•Breast Cancer awarness •Hair donation ceremony •Short cultural programme by members.
•Special guests- Sri Bimal Chakraborty, Sri Shatarup Ghosh, Dr. Diptendra K Sarkar and Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
28th Nov’ 22 – Extended programme
•A short ‘launch trip’ to Chandannagar & back
•Night stay at T.Biswas’ home on 27 th Nov.
Sudipta, Kalyani, Tinku, Tapati Saha & Tapati Biswas.
10th Dec’ 22.
Disha meet at Lakegardence :-
Important discussions :-
•Review meeting on shyamnagar programme.
•Plan to create Disha band.
•Proposal for participation in “Panihati utsab” in December 2022.
•Participation in “Hedua bijnan mela” from 19th to 23rd jan 2023
•Annual sports meet.
•Annual General Body Meeting.
*Three Rehab Clinics run by DISHA
1. Lake Gardens CA Rehab – Saturday
1) Counselling of Cancer patients; 2) Special Diet; 3) Exercise Onchology; 4) Providing Prosthesis; 5) Real hair wig donation
2. ICH CA Rehab – Thursday
•Pediatric Cancer Patients
3. SSKM CA Rehab for breast cancer patients – Tuesday
•Comprehensive Breast Service, Kolkata Police Hospital
*Interns from abroad
•1) Madhab Mall, undergraduate student from France — (Disha For Cancer, Lake Gardens)
•2) Anuradha Ghoshal,Now studying in Medical School of Birmingham — (ICH)
•3) Shamik Giri , undergraduate student from Ireland— (Lactation Clinic & Mrinalini Cancer Centre, ICH)
• 4) Josheph Quirk,undergraduate medical student from Ireland–( Lactation Clinic & Mrinalini Cancer Centre, ICH )
*Disha Charitable Clinic :-
1) Dr. Sanjay Banerjee, General Physician + Chest
2) Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Child specialist
3) Dr. Trinetra Sarkar, General Physician
- 20.01.2022/21.01.2022/ 22.01.2022/23.01.2022
- On 7th January,there was a webinar for breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra as speaker and Anindita Kundu was present there
- On 14th January, there was a webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Anindita Kundu, Jharna Bhattacharya -speaker , Kalyani Mitra present.
- 21/1/21-A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 4 to 5 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Jharna Bhattacharya – speaker , Kalyani Mitra present.
(i)A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m.[Sonagachi,Khiddirpur,Shantipur,Girish Park,etc.] by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, JAnindita Kundu – speaker.
(ii)“Satyendra Nath Bigyana Mela” at Hedua- Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Mazunder & Sathi Bhattacharya present. [Covid Awareness]
(i)A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 1 to 2 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury- speaker Anindita Kundu present
(ii)”Satyendra Nath Bigyana Mela” at Hedua- Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Mazunder & Sathi Bhattacharya present.
Bigyan mela- Dr agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra, Mmahua Basu, Sathi Bhattacharjee was present there.
- 04.02.21World Cancer day was celebrated at Durbar, Sonagachi. Done awareness program physically from 3 to 4 pm
- 06.02.21Conference At Lake gardens with 45 to 60 heads.As chief guest Mr Debshankar Haldar came and delivered a speech. Dr DK Sarkar, Dr Pragna Chatterjee, Dr Tania Das, Smt Rituparna Ghosh Sen were present as guests and delivered speeches.
Hair donation ceremony by male and female which was covered by Sangbad Pratidin on 7//2/ 21.
- Ended with cultural program by Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Aparna Majumder, Kalyani Mitra, Mahua Basu, Seemarekha Roychowdhury, Sudipta Mukherjee, Namita Sanyal, Tinku Mazumder, Sathi Bhattacharyya and Anindita Kundu.
This is the 3rd Bijoyini Survivor Conference (Pandemic edition).
- 11/2/21A webinar on breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 3-3:45 pm by Agnimita Giri Sarkar Anindita Kundu at sonagachi, Kolkata
Review meeting in respect of conference (06.02.21) and discussion for future plan -sports, next conference, etc. at Lake gardens from 5:30 p.m.
Breast Cancer awareness programme at Durbar, Sonagachi done by Agnimita Giri Sarkar and Kalyani Mitra from 3 -4 pm physically.
Final review meeting at Lake club finished with dinner. Discuss regarding a few plans.Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury, Sudipta Mukherjee, Sunita Ghatak, Sumana Ghosh and Anindita Kundu from 7-9:30 pm
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury, Kalyani Mitra on zoom
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar kalna shantipur Rabindra Nagar from 12-2 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar & Anindita Kundu
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar Durgapur Naihati shobhabazar kalna by Dr Girish Chaudhari and Anindita Kundu
A webinar on breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 1 pm to 2 pm by Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury and Anindita Kundu.
Breast and ovarian cancer awareness program physically at forest department, govt of west bengal by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Mahuya basu, Sumita Ghatak, Utsha Roy.
A webinar on BC awareness program with Durbar (Bashirhat, Naihati, Boubazar) by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar Anindita Kundu and Seemarekha Roychowdhury from 3-4pm
A webinar on BCA program with durbar by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roychowdhury and Anindita Kundu from 1-2 pm
Basanta utsav (holi meet) at Lake gardens from 3:30pm ( chief guest: Dyuti Ghosh Halder, guests dr Pragna chatterjee and Goutam Halder); celebration by speech, song, dance, recitation and Natok
A Webiner on ‘Bengali New Year’ celebration by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and members of Disha.
1)The Covid Care Disha work has started.
2) Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar became Incharge of Covid Care Network Pediatric dept.
A webinar on celebration of May Day, Satyajit Roy’s birth centenary and Manna Dey’s Birthday at 4:00pm. Hosted by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
A webinar on “Kabi Pranam”, Rabindra Nath Tegore’s Birthday celebration organised by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. and performances by Disha members.
Online training session by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar for’Covid Care Disha’ through various slides at 5-00pm.
A webinar on “ Nazrul Jayanti”celebration planed and organised by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and performed by members of disha.
Diasha Celebrated “Cancer Survivors Day” providing N-95 Masks, portable oxygen cans, Bottle of Sanitizer, medicines and some symbolic pink masks to ‘Durbar’ at Sonagachi which was organized by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and accompanied by Sumita Chatterjee and Anindita Kundu.
A webinar on “Biswa Sangeet Dibash” celebration with vocal performance by invited guest Dr. Sujit Basu, Civil Engineer by profession in Soil Structure Interaction.
Important zoom meeting conducted by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar regarding “Expension of Disha”
Formation of “Distress Care Disha” like Covid Care Disha. The keynote of speech was “Expand Beyond Cancer”.
Zoom clinic in Durbar (Baruipur Home)
Disha celebrated”Barshamangal” with unique combination of physical presnce with internet .The program was planned and organised by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
Physical clinic in Durbar.
Health check up by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar accompanied by members Sumita Chatterjee and Kalyani Mitra.
Zoom clinic in Durbar at 1-00pm by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. Members from Sonagachi and Basirhat joined the clinic.
Zoom clinic and Cancer awareness programme in Durbar.
Clinic by Dr.A gnimita Giri Sarkar at 1-30pm. Attended groups –
1) Sonagachi Durbar
2) Durgapur Field
After the clinic in Cancer awareness programme, personal experience shared by Kalyani Mitra.
‘Independence Day’ celebration of Disha in a new way at Rahul vidyaniketan (Baruipur Home) where the children of sex workers reside under ‘Durbar Mohila Samannay Committee.’
The programs were:
3) Providing of Medicine, Masks, Chocolates,powder, cream etc
The team of Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and Mamata Pramanik participated in this great work.
Durbar Zoom Clinic by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar at 2:00pm accompanied by member Kalyani Mitra.
Members from Bashirhat Durbar and Sonagachi Durbar joined the clinic.
Durbar zoom clinic at 1.00pm hosted by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. Participant only from Palatak Ship-1, Sonagachi Area-3 joined the clinic.
Disha’s guest performance of Tagore’s “Pujarini” in ABSICON 2021 conducted by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and accompanied members,Aparna Majumdar, Anindita Kundu and Kalyani Mitra.
“Bijoyini Conference-2021was held at Rotary Saadan at1:00 pm onwords. The conference started with Disha’s theme song “O Alor Pathajatri” performed by the members.
In 1st half – Inaugural ceremony conducted by Disha’s mentor, Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
In 1st panel discussion, ”Phire Dekha” special guests were Mr. Chandan Sen , Actor and Deputy editor of “Sambad Pratidin” Mr Gautam Brahma with members of Disha. Moderator was Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
Honourable guests like Actor Mr.Debsankar Halder, Film maker Sandip Roy were falicitated by Disha.
“Disha Awards” received by ‘Covid Care Network’, ‘Team Ichheymoto’, ‘Posthumas Award’ to Dr. Samarjit Jana, founder of ”Durbar” received by Dr. D. K. Sarkar.
‘Oath taking ceremony ‘- Theater personality Mr. Gautam Halder had spoken the oath followed by the members of disha stand in a row on stage.
In hair donation ceremony, some male and female persons donated their hair for the patients who lost their hair as the side effects of chemotherapy. Honourable guests like Dr.Taniya Das, Mr. Hirak Sen, Ms.Dyoti Ghosh Halder, Ms. Munmun Halder were present in this episode, and delivered short speech. Actor Bimal chakraborty donated a wig created by natural hair to a cancer patient who lost her hair due to chemotherapy.
Vote of thanks conducted by Mahuya Basu and Kalyani Mitra.
After tea break, 2nd panel discussion “Tamasoma Jyotirgamaya” started at 5:00pm. The moderator was Dr. D. K. Sarkar. Honorable participants were poet Mr. Subodh Sarkar, Director of “purba- Pachim” Mr. Soumitra Mitra, Editor of ”Anandabazar Patrika” Ms Soma Mukherjee, Chief operating officer of “Rosche” Dr. Shantanu Chatterjee and Cabinet Minister of the Govt. Of West Bengal Dr. Shashi Panja.
After panel discussion, Disha members performed a short attractive cultural programme.
The programme ended with dance performance of invited team “Komal Gandhar” a cultural wing of Durbar.
Thus Bijoyini conference succeassfully ended with joy and happinesses. All credits had gone to Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar for the plannig of this conference.
Disha meet at Lake Gardens at 3-00pm to 4-00pm :-
2)Plan for sports Meet
3)Children in Baruipur Home can be taught online or physically by the members of Disha.
4)Discussion on World Cancer Day
The meeting conducted by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
Health examination of the girls of sex workers aged 5years to 16/17 years by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar. The event was arranged by Sumita Chatterjee under “Pachimbanga Krira Parishad”.
Rahul Vidyaniketan visit :-
Health Checkup of children by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
Unique celebration of Merry Christmas by cutting cakes and packets of chips provided by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar and spent some times with them accompanied by Kalyani Mitra and Mamata Pramanik.
- 2nd,9th, 16th ,30th, Jan2020, 6th,13th 20th, Feb2020, 5th, 12th Mar2020 – ICH CA REHAB
- 10.01.2020 Disha participated in Laxmi Ratan Shukla’s cricket tournament with pink ball at Sainthia attended by the members of Disha where the Prizes were distributed by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
- From 16.01.2020 to 19.01.2020m Disha participated in “SATYENDRA NATH BASU Bijnan Mela” at Hedua Park Cancer and environment awareness programme stall and in the Cultural programme. Also there was a Seminar by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- On 26.01.2020 Disha Sports at LRS Academy
- On 11.02.2020 Breast Cancer awareness programme at “ Bidhan Chandra Memorial Govt High School” Participated by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani , Barnali, Sudipta, Sathi, T. Saha
- On 18.02.2020 ASOMA certificate distribution and celebration ceremony at Lake Gardens. With special recognition to Seema di as Disha award winner.
- 08.03.2020 was International Women’s Day; where Seminar on women’s health participated by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar and the Cultural programme perforemd by members of Disha.
- 14.03.2020- Basanta Utsab2020 at Lake Gardens-Guests and performances by: Dr Partha Sarathi Mukherjee, Nandini Bhattacharya, Gautam Chakraborty. Presence of Rituparna Sen, and members of Disha incl Rohima bibi.
- 08.05.2020 Disha celebrates Rabindra Jayanti on a digital platform with more than 110 guests internationally. Special guests: Dr James Bradbury, Dr D.K Sarkar.
- 25.05.2020 Disha celebrates Nazrul Jayanti
- 01.06.2020 Amphan Relief at Kultuli, Amraberia South 24 parganas; Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Sudipta Mukherjee. Terpol for roof, Rice, Dal, Oil, Soyabean , Soap, Biscuit, Mask, Medicines to 51 families. Masks were handmade 3layered made by our members. The news was covered by ”Protidin” newspaper on 2nd June and viewed in “ Bangla Jago” on 3rd June channel.
- 06.06.2020- Disha visited Sonagachhi Durbar Somonnoy Committee with relief for pandemic on account to celebrate International Cancer Survivor Day on 7th June. Discussion with the members of Durbar along with relief was handed to them. The news was viewed in ABP ananda on 6th June and published in Anandabazar Patrika on 7th June.
- 21.06.2020- Discussion on CSR: Corporate Social Responsibility
- 01.07.2020- Doctor’s Day celebrated at Durbar by presenting the sexworkers with Nebuliser machines, Pulse oximetry, and medicines for common ailments.
- 05.07.2020- Smaran sobha in memory of our beloved member Smt Jayashree Gupta who left us on 30th June.
- 09.08.2020 22se srabon celebration digitally
- 30.08.2020- webinar on covid19 winner– mirakkel renowned Mr Subhadip Ghosh
- 05.09.2020- Bangla Jago Documentary film on Disha for Cancer shooting
Seemarekha Roychowdhury, Kalyani Mitra, Mahuya Basu, Aparna Majumder, Sudipta Mulkerjee, & Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
- 13.09.2020 webinar , motivational speech by Satyarup Siddhanta
Episode 1 for celebration of breast cancer month of pink October
- 20.09.2020 Documentary short film on Disha for Cancer telecasted in Bangla Jago Channel
Members of disha: Seemarekha Roychowdhury,Sudipta Mukherjee, Kalyani Mitra , Aparna Majumder, Mahuya Basu and Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- 27.09.2020; webinar on Balanced and Healthy diet, Guest: Rim Mandal,
Episode2 for celebration of Breast cancer month of pink October
- On 03/01/19 a Cancer awareness programme was organized by ICDS health workers.
- On 17/01/19 to 20/01/19 Disha Participated in Bijnan Mela at Hedua organised by Udayer Pothe, where there was a Stall for cancer awareness, evening cultural programme, theatre on cancer awareness “Ondhokare Alor Disha” and lecture by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar on child health and Dr Diptendra Sarkar.
- On 22/01/19, a news published in PROTIDIN newspaper about our activity in Hedua science fair teaching awareness crossing the barriers of country and religion.
- On 26/01/19 we had a meeting at punnyolakhyi resort, Diamond Harbour. Discussion regarding Cancer Rehabilitation Centre
- On 30/01/19, members of Disha features with photos in “Bhalo Thakun” health supplement of AnandaBajar Patrika. Also comments from Dr Sarkar were highlighted.
- On 07/02/19 we organized a Cancer awareness programme at Ashadip home– ICDS Health workers.
- On 16/02/19- Inauguration of Comprehensive Cancer Rehabilitation Centre at Lake Gardens where honorable Guests were Raja Sen, Film Director; Papiya Sen, Actor; Dr Mina Bhattacharya, Ex HOD General Surgery, Medical college, Kolkata; Sanjay Ghosh, Udayer pothe, Hedua
On 17/02/19 the news of this event was published in the newspaper Protidin.
- On 16.25/02/19 the Inaugural event of Cancer rehabilitation centre was transmitted in DDBangla in “ Camera Cholchhe”.
- On 15/03/19- All India Radio Transmission of the event of Inaugural ceremony of the Cancer Rehabilitation Centre in the programme “NIRAMOY”.
- On 18/03/19- Cancer Awareness Programme at Ashadeep home for ICDS workers.
- On 25.03.19 we celebrated Bosontotsab
- On 24/04/19 a Comprehensive Rehabilitation Cancer Centre of Disha published in the newspaper AAJKAL .
- On 03-04/05/19- Presented the work of Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar “ Cancer Awareness Through Survivors” and got appreciation from maestros, Dr Ismail Jatoi, Dr Henry Kruerer.
- 13-14/05/19- Presented the work of Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar titled” Socioeconomic Barrier for Cancer Awareness” and received appreciation from Prof John Benson at ABS,Glasgow.
- On 25/05/19 Disha had the Annual GBM.
- On 02/06/19- AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha,Topic: Breast cancer survivors are winners.
- On 09/06/19 AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha, Topic: Vaccine Preventable Cancer.
- On 16/06/19 AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha, Topic: Cancer and FNAC.
- On 11/06/19 – Paediatric Orientation Class, to start the Rehabilitation Clinic at ICH Mrinalini Cancer Centre.
- On 13/06/19- 1st day at ICH Ca Rehab Centre.
- On 20/06/19 we received Felicitation at Kalasree dance Academy by Ms Upasana BasuMallik, Gyan manch and also a Performance by the members of Disha successfully done.
- 20th, 27th June, 11th, 18th, 25th July, 1st,8th,22nd, 29th Aug- ICH CA REHAB.
- 03/08/19- Garments Sale at Lake Gardens
- 08/09/19- Breast cancer awareness ICDS workers
- 8th, 12th, 19th, 26th sep, 3rd , 10th,17th, 24th, 31st oct, 7th, 14th, 21st,28th nov, 5th, 12th,26th, dec,- ICH CA REHAB
- 04/10/19- Bodhon Mahashasti Durgotsab Performance by Disha at Baghajatin Club
- 01/11/19 Momspresso facebook live, Interview of the caregivers, Bandana Nag and Anindya Kundu and Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- 12/11/19- 2nd International Survivor Conference Of Disha, BIJOYINI at Rotary Sadan.
12/11/19- Role of caregivers( Priyojoner sushrushar pashapashi somoy ditey hobe nijekeo)
This was published in AnandaBazar Patrika
13/11/19- -15/11/19 Disha was in focus in different popular newspapers.
Cancer joyer montro janey aponjon- Eishomoy
1in 8 women suffer from breast cancer- Statesman
Poribar pashe thakle lorai sohoj cancer e- Aajkaal
Derite sontano dakchhe bipod- Eishomoy
- 15/11/19- Photos & Article on Disha for cancer was published in the renowned magazine “SANANDA”
- 15/11/19- Members of Disha presented their work and awareness programmes at ASIAN SOCIETY OF MASTOLOGY, ASOMA. Kalyani Mitra, Mahuya Basu, Mamata Pramanik, Tinku Majumder.
- 23/11/19- PINK means WIN and celebration. Disha joined hands with Mr Laxmi Ratan Shukla, the battle against breast cancer continues. Cricket with pink balls.
- 30/11/19- an event of dance performance by Soumiparna, 12 years aged survivor at Lake Gardens.
- 03/12/19- Salkia to Sundorbans by cycle to support “Go Green Go Clean” was accompanied by Disha members to promote the cause. We were introduced at different schools, Blind Academy Ramkrishna Mission. I gave a talk amongst children at BDM international school.
- 28/12/19- Panihati Utsab
Health check up, talk delivered and awareness delivered by me and anindita, kalyanidi. Felicitation of the members.
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita (4th and 11th January)
- Disha was invited at the Science fair at Hendua between 11th and 14th Disha participated by creating a stall and teaching general population about “breast cancer”
- Invited performance by members of Disha at Aswini Nagar Charitable and welfare society on 19th January
- Members of Disha celebrated “World Cancer Day” by its Annual sports meet at Country Roads Resort at Panchla.(4th Feb)
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita (8th and 18th February).
- Holy Meet at Lake Gardens (3rd March)
- Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar was awarded European Breast cancer congress Fellowship for her work on “Generating awareness in Indian population through survivors : an innovative model for developing countries”. The work was presented and received high appreciation at Barcelona ,Spain at the 11th European Breast Cancer Congress between 20th and 23rd , March.
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita(7th April)
- Boishakhi Adda : an unique evening of cultural activities by the members on 5th The GBM was held on the same day.
- Dr Agnimita’s original work titled “Mental, social and financial stress during treatment of breast cancer: an objective validation study in Indian patients “ was accepted for presentation at the Association of Breast Surgery at Birmingham, UK. She presented the paper at the UK between 17th and 19th , June.
- Garments Sale and fund raising program : The members of Disha donated their garments and sold it at nominal price in slum area towards raising fund for “Bijoyini” event.
- Disha’s members (Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Majumdar, Anindita Kundu,Mahua Basu and Seemarekha Roychoudhuri) acted in a short film conceived & directed by Dr Agnimita and produced by DD on 18th July.
- On 08/09/18 there was a Short film on Breast cancer awareness, transmission started from this date as awareness programme in between the programme schedules of Doordarshan Kolkata. It is continued till date.
- On 09/09/18,a Short film on Ovarian cancer awareness, transmission started as an awareness programme in DDBangla since this date and it continues till now.
- On 10/10/18- Momspresso Bangla Facebook live – Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar & Smt Kalyani Mitra. Topic: World Breast Cancer Awareness Month. An interview on the digital platform.
- On 28/10/18- Disha for Cancer presents Ist ever Survivor Conference, Bijoyini , an International conference with participation of guests from abroad. This event was also placed in the International Forum and got a place in the Journal of ABSUK.
The Venue was Rotary Sadan from 10.00am and the Theme Was The award goes to …
In the Events of 1st Half(10.30am-1.00pm) GOLPO HOLEO SOTYI ( cancer myths and facts, personal life stories of Cancer narrated by the members of Disha – 6 members)
Another programme was EI LOBHINO SHONGO TOBO ( cancer, stress, and society extempo on lottery basis by the 6 members of Disha regarding Cancer experiences in their personal life) [Mamata- orthoi onorther mul ;Sudipta- bojromanik diye gatha; Mahuya- Breaking the News: Sumita Das;Sumita Chatterjee; Anindita- Legal Issues in Cancer treatment].
Disha was INVITED for INTERNATIONAL LECTURES:(11.45am-12.30pm)
Dr. Sumohan Chatterjee, Consultant Breast Surgeon, Manchester, UK
Dr. James Bradbury, Anthropologist UK
INAUGURATION:(12.30pm-1.15pm) Guests: Dr Sumohan Chatterjee (UK),
Dr James Bradbury (UK),Dr Diptendra Sarkar, Debshankar Halder( Actor), Dr Pradip Mitra(DME) and the Speech given by the guests.
Special Guests were Mr Hirak Sen (Still Photographer of Satyajit Ray and Hon’ble Mamata Banerjee) , Mr Utpalendu Chakraborty (Film Director, International award winner)
Disha Award Winner:
1. Rohima Naskar detected her own cancer by hearing talk show in AIR: awarded by Munmun Halder
2. Asit Roy, Cancer survivor. Completed Double MA degree at the age of 80 years
After LUNCH break(1.15pm-2.00pm) in the 2nd Half(2.00pm -5.00pm) there was a PANEL DISCUSSION (2.00pm- 2.45pm). How to break the social barrier and stigma”; where the Moderator was DR DIPTENDRA K SARKAR and the Panelists were Chandan Sen, Sujat Bhadra, Biswajit Das, Amal Sarkar, Dr Sumohan Chatterjee, Dr Sankar Nath.
In “THE BIG FIGHT” SOCIAL DEBATE;(2.45pm-3.30pm) Moderator was DR ARNAB GUPTA. TOPIC was ‘’In the opinion of the house celebrity news of cancer has a positive impact on the society” where the Debaters in 1st group 1. Arijita Chattopadhyay 2. Dr Taniya Das 3. Gautam Brahma and in 2nd group 1.Dyuti Ghosh Halder 2. Saurav Palodhi 3.Dr Saratdwat Mukherjee. There was a Performance by “Survivors” and after that a Cultural programme “Kabye Gaane” was performed, Finally a Vote of Thanks and Valedictory was given.
- On 20/11/18 a Cancer Awareness programme organized in Asha Niketan old age home, Tangra Road, Kolkata.
- Disha participated at Asian society of Mastology(ASOMA) meet at AIIMS, New Delhi and its members performed in the international survivor evening.(7th to 9th October)
- Members of Disha presented scientific article at ASOMA.(7th to 9Th October)
- DD Bangla Live TV show : program on “breast cancer awareness” moderated by Dr Agnimita and participated by Mrs Kalyani Mitra.(25th October)
- 3 FM(radio Mirchi): Dr Agnimita and Mrs Anindita Kundu spoke on “Breast cancer awareness. A very popular FM talk show hosted by Mr Mir.(9th Nov)
- Disha was invited to perform at “Bijoya Sammilani” organized by “Udayer Pathe”. It was covered and published by a leading Bengali daily (Protidin). (11th Nov)
- Disha conducted “breast cancer awareness” program at Ramesh Mitra Girls school on 16th
- Disha was invited to perform at the University auditorium hall in the prestigious West Bengal Primary Teachers Annual Meet on 28th
- ES Live beauty and healthy women program organized by TOI group : DR Agnimita was the orator and the members of Disha were invited to take part(17th Dec) . The program was covered by “EI Shomoy” on 18th
- Dr Agnimita was invited to deliver talk on cancer awareness at VECC auditorium. Mrs Seemarekha Ray Choudhury also spoke on a survivors experience. (20th DEC).
- All India Radio broadcasted interview of Dr Agnimita and members of Disha. The topic covered intricate issues of breast cancer survivorship and awareness.(29th Dec)
- Disha participated in a cancer awareness initiative at the prestigious Calcutta club “live for today hope for tomorrow”
- Hony Secretary of Disha, Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar was invited to a popular TV show to talk about Disha
- The various activities of Disha was published in EJSO (Read the article)
- team Disha was invited in TV show….The winners spoke about their journey
- Workshops were conducted for members. Noted theatre artist Sri Prosenjit Bardhan were kind enough to train them as mentors ( 26.01.2016)
- Bangladesh Program : Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, coordinator and Secretary of Disha delivered an invitational talk on cancer awareness at the first Annual Congress of Association of Breast Surgeons of Bangladesh at Bangabondhu Sk Mujib Medical university, Dhaka
- Poila Baishakh : celebration of Bengali new year’s day by members of Disha named as “Baishakhi Adda”. The members celebrated the day through various cultural and performing arts activities.
- Kobi pronam :(celebrating the birthday of Rabindranath Tagore) An evening of performing arts by members of Disha at Lake Gardens. The honoured guests of the evening were Smt Sandhya Chakraborty,Sri Chandan Sen,Sri Prosenjit Bardhan,Smt Ratnabali Chakraborty,Smt Ajanta Biswas.
- Awareness program : at society for training Assistance and rehabilitation. Health camp was conducted by Dr Agnimita followed by cancer awareness program.
- Initiation of second batch of Disha : May 2016
- Workshops : Theatre and performing arts workshops were conducted (12 such between 1st January to 6th June,2015) under supervision of Theatre artist Smt Dyuti Gosh Halder.
- Stage Performance by members of Disha : On 7th June,2015 the members of Disha arranged and performed at Rotary Sadan on the occasion of world cancer awareness day.It was attended by 200 people which included top educationalist, performers, poets , doctors, patients and media. The program was supported by Breast Unit of SSKM hospitals.On this occasion Smt Dyuti Ghosh Halder and noted Theatre artist Sri Chandan Sen werer felicitated.
- Awareness program : The members of Disha organized cancer awareness program among ICDS health workers, members and ladies of ASHADEEP homes.(dated 26/7/2015, 28/7/2015,2/08/2015,11/08/2015,1/09/2015,15/09/2015)St Mary’s Missionary (6/09/2015)
- Theatre workshop for members : Mentor Sri Chandan Sen ( 13th September 2015)
- Breast cancer awareness program : In association with SSKM hospitals, members of Disha arranged a breast cancer awareness program at SSKM hospitals. Pink hot air balloons were released, awareness poster competition was conducted and the members performed a cultural program . Honourable Health Minister Smt Chandrima Bhattacharya attended the program and felicitated the members of Disha.