- On 7th January,there was a webinar for breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra as speaker and Anindita Kundu was present there
- On 14th January, there was a webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Anindita Kundu, Jharna Bhattacharya -speaker , Kalyani Mitra present.
- 21/1/21-A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 4 to 5 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Jharna Bhattacharya – speaker , Kalyani Mitra present.
(i)A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m.[Sonagachi,Khiddirpur,Shantipur,Girish Park,etc.] by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, JAnindita Kundu – speaker.
(ii)“Satyendra Nath Bigyana Mela” at Hedua- Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Mazunder & Sathi Bhattacharya present. [Covid Awareness]
(i)A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 1 to 2 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury- speaker Anindita Kundu present
(ii)”Satyendra Nath Bigyana Mela” at Hedua- Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Mazunder & Sathi Bhattacharya present.
Bigyan mela- Dr agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra, Mmahua Basu, Sathi Bhattacharjee was present there.
- 04.02.21World Cancer day was celebrated at Durbar, Sonagachi. Done awareness program physically from 3 to 4 pm
- 06.02.21Conference At Lake gardens with 45 to 60 heads.As chief guest Mr Debshankar Haldar came and delivered a speech. Dr DK Sarkar, Dr Pragna Chatterjee, Dr Tania Das, Smt Rituparna Ghosh Sen were present as guests and delivered speeches.
Hair donation ceremony by male and female which was covered by Sangbad Pratidin on 7//2/ 21.
- Ended with cultural program by Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Aparna Majumder, Kalyani Mitra, Mahua Basu, Seemarekha Roychowdhury, Sudipta Mukherjee, Namita Sanyal, Tinku Mazumder, Sathi Bhattacharyya and Anindita Kundu.
This is the 3rd Bijoyini Survivor Conference (Pandemic edition).
- 11/2/21A webinar on breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 3-3:45 pm by Agnimita Giri Sarkar Anindita Kundu at sonagachi, Kolkata
Review meeting in respect of conference (06.02.21) and discussion for future plan -sports, next conference, etc. at Lake gardens from 5:30 p.m.
Breast Cancer awareness programme at Durbar, Sonagachi done by Agnimita Giri Sarkar and Kalyani Mitra from 3 -4 pm physically.
Final review meeting at Lake club finished with dinner. Discuss regarding a few plans.Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani Mitra, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury, Sudipta Mukherjee, Sunita Ghatak, Sumana Ghosh and Anindita Kundu from 7-9:30 pm
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar at 3 to 4 p.m. by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury, Kalyani Mitra on zoom
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar kalna shantipur Rabindra Nagar from 12-2 p.m. by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar & Anindita Kundu
A webinar of breast cancer awareness programme with Durbar Durgapur Naihati shobhabazar kalna by Dr Girish Chaudhari and Anindita Kundu
A webinar on breast cancer awareness programme with durbar at 1 pm to 2 pm by Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roy Chowdhury and Anindita Kundu.
Breast and ovarian cancer awareness program physically at forest department, govt of west bengal by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Mahuya basu, Sumita Ghatak, Utsha Roy.
A webinar on BC awareness program with Durbar (Bashirhat, Naihati, Boubazar) by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar Anindita Kundu and Seemarekha Roychowdhury from 3-4pm
A webinar on BCA program with durbar by Dr. Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Seemarekha Roychowdhury and Anindita Kundu from 1-2 pm
Basanta utsav (holi meet) at Lake gardens from 3:30pm ( chief guest: Dyuti Ghosh Halder, guests dr Pragna chatterjee and Goutam Halder); celebration by speech, song, dance, recitation and Natok
- 2nd,9th, 16th ,30th, Jan2020, 6th,13th 20th, Feb2020, 5th, 12th Mar2020 – ICH CA REHAB
- 10.01.2020 Disha participated in Laxmi Ratan Shukla’s cricket tournament with pink ball at Sainthia attended by the members of Disha where the Prizes were distributed by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
- From 16.01.2020 to 19.01.2020m Disha participated in “SATYENDRA NATH BASU Bijnan Mela” at Hedua Park Cancer and environment awareness programme stall and in the Cultural programme. Also there was a Seminar by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- On 26.01.2020 Disha Sports at LRS Academy
- On 11.02.2020 Breast Cancer awareness programme at “ Bidhan Chandra Memorial Govt High School” Participated by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Kalyani , Barnali, Sudipta, Sathi, T. Saha
- On 18.02.2020 ASOMA certificate distribution and celebration ceremony at Lake Gardens. With special recognition to Seema di as Disha award winner.
- 08.03.2020 was International Women’s Day; where Seminar on women’s health participated by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar and the Cultural programme perforemd by members of Disha.
- 14.03.2020- Basanta Utsab2020 at Lake Gardens-Guests and performances by: Dr Partha Sarathi Mukherjee, Nandini Bhattacharya, Gautam Chakraborty. Presence of Rituparna Sen, and members of Disha incl Rohima bibi.
- 08.05.2020 Disha celebrates Rabindra Jayanti on a digital platform with more than 110 guests internationally. Special guests: Dr James Bradbury, Dr D.K Sarkar.
- 25.05.2020 Disha celebrates Nazrul Jayanti
- 01.06.2020 Amphan Relief at Kultuli, Amraberia South 24 parganas; Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, Sudipta Mukherjee. Terpol for roof, Rice, Dal, Oil, Soyabean , Soap, Biscuit, Mask, Medicines to 51 families. Masks were handmade 3layered made by our members. The news was covered by ”Protidin” newspaper on 2nd June and viewed in “ Bangla Jago” on 3rd June channel.
- 06.06.2020- Disha visited Sonagachhi Durbar Somonnoy Committee with relief for pandemic on account to celebrate International Cancer Survivor Day on 7th June. Discussion with the members of Durbar along with relief was handed to them. The news was viewed in ABP ananda on 6th June and published in Anandabazar Patrika on 7th June.
- 21.06.2020- Discussion on CSR: Corporate Social Responsibility
- 01.07.2020- Doctor’s Day celebrated at Durbar by presenting the sexworkers with Nebuliser machines, Pulse oximetry, and medicines for common ailments.
- 05.07.2020- Smaran sobha in memory of our beloved member Smt Jayashree Gupta who left us on 30th June.
- 09.08.2020 22se srabon celebration digitally
- 30.08.2020- webinar on covid19 winner– mirakkel renowned Mr Subhadip Ghosh
- 05.09.2020- Bangla Jago Documentary film on Disha for Cancer shooting
Seemarekha Roychowdhury, Kalyani Mitra, Mahuya Basu, Aparna Majumder, Sudipta Mulkerjee, & Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar.
- 13.09.2020 webinar , motivational speech by Satyarup Siddhanta
Episode 1 for celebration of breast cancer month of pink October
- 20.09.2020 Documentary short film on Disha for Cancer telecasted in Bangla Jago Channel
Members of disha: Seemarekha Roychowdhury,Sudipta Mukherjee, Kalyani Mitra , Aparna Majumder, Mahuya Basu and Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- 27.09.2020; webinar on Balanced and Healthy diet, Guest: Rim Mandal,
Episode2 for celebration of Breast cancer month of pink October
- On 03/01/19 a Cancer awareness programme was organized by ICDS health workers.
- On 17/01/19 to 20/01/19 Disha Participated in Bijnan Mela at Hedua organised by Udayer Pothe, where there was a Stall for cancer awareness, evening cultural programme, theatre on cancer awareness “Ondhokare Alor Disha” and lecture by Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar on child health and Dr Diptendra Sarkar.
- On 22/01/19, a news published in PROTIDIN newspaper about our activity in Hedua science fair teaching awareness crossing the barriers of country and religion.
- On 26/01/19 we had a meeting at punnyolakhyi resort, Diamond Harbour. Discussion regarding Cancer Rehabilitation Centre
- On 30/01/19, members of Disha features with photos in “Bhalo Thakun” health supplement of AnandaBajar Patrika. Also comments from Dr Sarkar were highlighted.
- On 07/02/19 we organized a Cancer awareness programme at Ashadip home– ICDS Health workers.
- On 16/02/19- Inauguration of Comprehensive Cancer Rehabilitation Centre at Lake Gardens where honorable Guests were Raja Sen, Film Director; Papiya Sen, Actor; Dr Mina Bhattacharya, Ex HOD General Surgery, Medical college, Kolkata; Sanjay Ghosh, Udayer pothe, Hedua
On 17/02/19 the news of this event was published in the newspaper Protidin.
- On 16.25/02/19 the Inaugural event of Cancer rehabilitation centre was transmitted in DDBangla in “ Camera Cholchhe”.
- On 15/03/19- All India Radio Transmission of the event of Inaugural ceremony of the Cancer Rehabilitation Centre in the programme “NIRAMOY”.
- On 18/03/19- Cancer Awareness Programme at Ashadeep home for ICDS workers.
- On 25.03.19 we celebrated Bosontotsab
- On 24/04/19 a Comprehensive Rehabilitation Cancer Centre of Disha published in the newspaper AAJKAL .
- On 03-04/05/19- Presented the work of Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar “ Cancer Awareness Through Survivors” and got appreciation from maestros, Dr Ismail Jatoi, Dr Henry Kruerer.
- 13-14/05/19- Presented the work of Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar titled” Socioeconomic Barrier for Cancer Awareness” and received appreciation from Prof John Benson at ABS,Glasgow.
- On 25/05/19 Disha had the Annual GBM.
- On 02/06/19- AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha,Topic: Breast cancer survivors are winners.
- On 09/06/19 AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha, Topic: Vaccine Preventable Cancer.
- On 16/06/19 AIR, AKASHBANI organized Apnar Swastha, Topic: Cancer and FNAC.
- On 11/06/19 – Paediatric Orientation Class, to start the Rehabilitation Clinic at ICH Mrinalini Cancer Centre.
- On 13/06/19- 1st day at ICH Ca Rehab Centre.
- On 20/06/19 we received Felicitation at Kalasree dance Academy by Ms Upasana BasuMallik, Gyan manch and also a Performance by the members of Disha successfully done.
- 20th, 27th June, 11th, 18th, 25th July, 1st,8th,22nd, 29th Aug- ICH CA REHAB.
- 03/08/19- Garments Sale at Lake Gardens
- 08/09/19- Breast cancer awareness ICDS workers
- 8th, 12th, 19th, 26th sep, 3rd , 10th,17th, 24th, 31st oct, 7th, 14th, 21st,28th nov, 5th, 12th,26th, dec,- ICH CA REHAB
- 04/10/19- Bodhon Mahashasti Durgotsab Performance by Disha at Baghajatin Club
- 01/11/19 Momspresso facebook live, Interview of the caregivers, Bandana Nag and Anindya Kundu and Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar
- 12/11/19- 2nd International Survivor Conference Of Disha, BIJOYINI at Rotary Sadan.
12/11/19- Role of caregivers( Priyojoner sushrushar pashapashi somoy ditey hobe nijekeo)
This was published in AnandaBazar Patrika
13/11/19- -15/11/19 Disha was in focus in different popular newspapers.
Cancer joyer montro janey aponjon- Eishomoy
1in 8 women suffer from breast cancer- Statesman
Poribar pashe thakle lorai sohoj cancer e- Aajkaal
Derite sontano dakchhe bipod- Eishomoy
- 15/11/19- Photos & Article on Disha for cancer was published in the renowned magazine “SANANDA”
- 15/11/19- Members of Disha presented their work and awareness programmes at ASIAN SOCIETY OF MASTOLOGY, ASOMA. Kalyani Mitra, Mahuya Basu, Mamata Pramanik, Tinku Majumder.
- 23/11/19- PINK means WIN and celebration. Disha joined hands with Mr Laxmi Ratan Shukla, the battle against breast cancer continues. Cricket with pink balls.
- 30/11/19- an event of dance performance by Soumiparna, 12 years aged survivor at Lake Gardens.
- 03/12/19- Salkia to Sundorbans by cycle to support “Go Green Go Clean” was accompanied by Disha members to promote the cause. We were introduced at different schools, Blind Academy Ramkrishna Mission. I gave a talk amongst children at BDM international school.
- 28/12/19- Panihati Utsab
Health check up, talk delivered and awareness delivered by me and anindita, kalyanidi. Felicitation of the members.
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita (4th and 11th January)
- Disha was invited at the Science fair at Hendua between 11th and 14th Disha participated by creating a stall and teaching general population about “breast cancer”
- Invited performance by members of Disha at Aswini Nagar Charitable and welfare society on 19th January
- Members of Disha celebrated “World Cancer Day” by its Annual sports meet at Country Roads Resort at Panchla.(4th Feb)
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita (8th and 18th February).
- Holy Meet at Lake Gardens (3rd March)
- Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar was awarded European Breast cancer congress Fellowship for her work on “Generating awareness in Indian population through survivors : an innovative model for developing countries”. The work was presented and received high appreciation at Barcelona ,Spain at the 11th European Breast Cancer Congress between 20th and 23rd , March.
- Training and class on breast cancer awareness and detection tool of ICDS(village health workers : conducted by members of Disha and moderated by Dr Agnimita(7th April)
- Boishakhi Adda : an unique evening of cultural activities by the members on 5th The GBM was held on the same day.
- Dr Agnimita’s original work titled “Mental, social and financial stress during treatment of breast cancer: an objective validation study in Indian patients “ was accepted for presentation at the Association of Breast Surgery at Birmingham, UK. She presented the paper at the UK between 17th and 19th , June.
- Garments Sale and fund raising program : The members of Disha donated their garments and sold it at nominal price in slum area towards raising fund for “Bijoyini” event.
- Disha’s members (Kalyani Mitra, Tinku Majumdar, Anindita Kundu,Mahua Basu and Seemarekha Roychoudhuri) acted in a short film conceived & directed by Dr Agnimita and produced by DD on 18th July.
- On 08/09/18 there was a Short film on Breast cancer awareness, transmission started from this date as awareness programme in between the programme schedules of Doordarshan Kolkata. It is continued till date.
- On 09/09/18,a Short film on Ovarian cancer awareness, transmission started as an awareness programme in DDBangla since this date and it continues till now.
- On 10/10/18- Momspresso Bangla Facebook live – Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar & Smt Kalyani Mitra. Topic: World Breast Cancer Awareness Month. An interview on the digital platform.
- On 28/10/18- Disha for Cancer presents Ist ever Survivor Conference, Bijoyini , an International conference with participation of guests from abroad. This event was also placed in the International Forum and got a place in the Journal of ABSUK.
The Venue was Rotary Sadan from 10.00am and the Theme Was The award goes to …
In the Events of 1st Half(10.30am-1.00pm) GOLPO HOLEO SOTYI ( cancer myths and facts, personal life stories of Cancer narrated by the members of Disha – 6 members)
Another programme was EI LOBHINO SHONGO TOBO ( cancer, stress, and society extempo on lottery basis by the 6 members of Disha regarding Cancer experiences in their personal life) [Mamata- orthoi onorther mul ;Sudipta- bojromanik diye gatha; Mahuya- Breaking the News: Sumita Das;Sumita Chatterjee; Anindita- Legal Issues in Cancer treatment].
Disha was INVITED for INTERNATIONAL LECTURES:(11.45am-12.30pm)
Dr. Sumohan Chatterjee, Consultant Breast Surgeon, Manchester, UK
Dr. James Bradbury, Anthropologist UK
INAUGURATION:(12.30pm-1.15pm) Guests: Dr Sumohan Chatterjee (UK),
Dr James Bradbury (UK),Dr Diptendra Sarkar, Debshankar Halder( Actor), Dr Pradip Mitra(DME) and the Speech given by the guests.
Special Guests were Mr Hirak Sen (Still Photographer of Satyajit Ray and Hon’ble Mamata Banerjee) , Mr Utpalendu Chakraborty (Film Director, International award winner)
Disha Award Winner:
1. Rohima Naskar detected her own cancer by hearing talk show in AIR: awarded by Munmun Halder
2. Asit Roy, Cancer survivor. Completed Double MA degree at the age of 80 years
After LUNCH break(1.15pm-2.00pm) in the 2nd Half(2.00pm -5.00pm) there was a PANEL DISCUSSION (2.00pm- 2.45pm). How to break the social barrier and stigma”; where the Moderator was DR DIPTENDRA K SARKAR and the Panelists were Chandan Sen, Sujat Bhadra, Biswajit Das, Amal Sarkar, Dr Sumohan Chatterjee, Dr Sankar Nath.
In “THE BIG FIGHT” SOCIAL DEBATE;(2.45pm-3.30pm) Moderator was DR ARNAB GUPTA. TOPIC was ‘’In the opinion of the house celebrity news of cancer has a positive impact on the society” where the Debaters in 1st group 1. Arijita Chattopadhyay 2. Dr Taniya Das 3. Gautam Brahma and in 2nd group 1.Dyuti Ghosh Halder 2. Saurav Palodhi 3.Dr Saratdwat Mukherjee. There was a Performance by “Survivors” and after that a Cultural programme “Kabye Gaane” was performed, Finally a Vote of Thanks and Valedictory was given.
- On 20/11/18 a Cancer Awareness programme organized in Asha Niketan old age home, Tangra Road, Kolkata.
- Disha participated at Asian society of Mastology(ASOMA) meet at AIIMS, New Delhi and its members performed in the international survivor evening.(7th to 9th October)
- Members of Disha presented scientific article at ASOMA.(7th to 9Th October)
- DD Bangla Live TV show : program on “breast cancer awareness” moderated by Dr Agnimita and participated by Mrs Kalyani Mitra.(25th October)
- 3 FM(radio Mirchi): Dr Agnimita and Mrs Anindita Kundu spoke on “Breast cancer awareness. A very popular FM talk show hosted by Mr Mir.(9th Nov)
- Disha was invited to perform at “Bijoya Sammilani” organized by “Udayer Pathe”. It was covered and published by a leading Bengali daily (Protidin). (11th Nov)
- Disha conducted “breast cancer awareness” program at Ramesh Mitra Girls school on 16th
- Disha was invited to perform at the University auditorium hall in the prestigious West Bengal Primary Teachers Annual Meet on 28th
- ES Live beauty and healthy women program organized by TOI group : DR Agnimita was the orator and the members of Disha were invited to take part(17th Dec) . The program was covered by “EI Shomoy” on 18th
- Dr Agnimita was invited to deliver talk on cancer awareness at VECC auditorium. Mrs Seemarekha Ray Choudhury also spoke on a survivors experience. (20th DEC).
- All India Radio broadcasted interview of Dr Agnimita and members of Disha. The topic covered intricate issues of breast cancer survivorship and awareness.(29th Dec)
- Disha participated in a cancer awareness initiative at the prestigious Calcutta club “live for today hope for tomorrow”
- Hony Secretary of Disha, Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar was invited to a popular TV show to talk about Disha
- The various activities of Disha was published in EJSO (Read the article)
- team Disha was invited in TV show….The winners spoke about their journey
- Workshops were conducted for members. Noted theatre artist Sri Prosenjit Bardhan were kind enough to train them as mentors ( 26.01.2016)
- Bangladesh Program : Dr Agnimita Giri Sarkar, coordinator and Secretary of Disha delivered an invitational talk on cancer awareness at the first Annual Congress of Association of Breast Surgeons of Bangladesh at Bangabondhu Sk Mujib Medical university, Dhaka
- Poila Baishakh : celebration of Bengali new year’s day by members of Disha named as “Baishakhi Adda”. The members celebrated the day through various cultural and performing arts activities.
- Kobi pronam :(celebrating the birthday of Rabindranath Tagore) An evening of performing arts by members of Disha at Lake Gardens. The honoured guests of the evening were Smt Sandhya Chakraborty,Sri Chandan Sen,Sri Prosenjit Bardhan,Smt Ratnabali Chakraborty,Smt Ajanta Biswas.
- Awareness program : at society for training Assistance and rehabilitation. Health camp was conducted by Dr Agnimita followed by cancer awareness program.
- Initiation of second batch of Disha : May 2016
- Workshops : Theatre and performing arts workshops were conducted (12 such between 1st January to 6th June,2015) under supervision of Theatre artist Smt Dyuti Gosh Halder.
- Stage Performance by members of Disha : On 7th June,2015 the members of Disha arranged and performed at Rotary Sadan on the occasion of world cancer awareness day.It was attended by 200 people which included top educationalist, performers, poets , doctors, patients and media. The program was supported by Breast Unit of SSKM hospitals.On this occasion Smt Dyuti Ghosh Halder and noted Theatre artist Sri Chandan Sen werer felicitated.
- Awareness program : The members of Disha organized cancer awareness program among ICDS health workers, members and ladies of ASHADEEP homes.(dated 26/7/2015, 28/7/2015,2/08/2015,11/08/2015,1/09/2015,15/09/2015)St Mary’s Missionary (6/09/2015)
- Theatre workshop for members : Mentor Sri Chandan Sen ( 13th September 2015)
- Breast cancer awareness program : In association with SSKM hospitals, members of Disha arranged a breast cancer awareness program at SSKM hospitals. Pink hot air balloons were released, awareness poster competition was conducted and the members performed a cultural program . Honourable Health Minister Smt Chandrima Bhattacharya attended the program and felicitated the members of Disha.